Imagine someone is visiting your town. What will you recommend them to see? Learn how to give and ask for recommendations for things and places.
How to give recommendations / advice:
- You should … (You should visit that park – it’s amazing!)
- You should definitely … (You should definitely try their ice cream!)
- You ought to … (more formal, more emotional)
- You mustn’t miss … (You mustn’t miss Checkpoint Charlie in Berlin!)
- It’s (well) worth + Ving (It’s well worth going to Prague – amazing city!) or
- [Something] is worth + Ving (Prague is worth visiting / a visit).
Structures with the verb ‘recommend’:
- recommend + Ving (I recommend trying their cakes!) BUT
- recommend + smb + to V1 (I recommend you to try their cakes!)
If you like the episode, could you please share it with your friends or other English learners.