22 How to use ‘get’ in 6 different meanings
You need to learn how to ask for help in English first, before anything else. Agree? This is the structure you will use most of all. And your main task: to be polite and friendly – only this way you will get the help you need.
‘How to ask for help’ is one of the speech functions which make up our communication. For this purpose, you need to use set expressions, so called ‘social formulas’. There is no complex grammar or vocabulary here. Just remember and practise set phrases.
In this episode, you will learn:
- how to ask for help in English politely;
- how to say ‘Thank you”
- how to respond to other people’s ‘Thank you’.
- Can you please help me with this article? I can’t think of a good title.
- Ok. We’ll get down to it in 10 minutes.
- Thanks a lot!
- No problem.
- Excuse me, can I have a glass of wine?
- Sure. Here you are.
- Appreciate it.
- You are welcome!