06 I didn’t mean to… Apologising
Did you know that the verb ‘mean’ has two meanings in English? It can be also used for apologising. Learn more about it from the today’s episode.
Key Phrases to take away
Verb forms: mean /min/ - meant /ment/ - meant
'mean' = 'intend', 'plan', 'want'
- I meant to be here earlier.
- I didn't mean to be late. I got stuck in traffic.
- This is not what it meant to be. It meant to be better.
Ways to apologise
- Sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.
- I didn't mean to insult you.
- Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude.
- I didn't mean to sound arrogant.
If you like the episode, could you please share it with your friends or other English learners!
Learn more about English speaking
Thrive Leads Shortcode could not be rendered, please check it in Thrive Leads Section!